|1.||a person who buys and sells commodities for profit; dealer; trader.|
|2.||a storekeeper; retailer: a local merchant who owns a store on Main Street.|
|3.||Chiefly British. a wholesaler.|
Definition from : http://www.Dictionary.com
These are what I thought about merchant when I heard it:
- Some people who stay in all road / town in RO / FF, sell normal items to the heroes and believe me they never out of stock
- Some one who also categorized as liar, because usually they lie about price to customer so they can reach high benefit. “That price isn’t much enough, I can get back my modal”
- Some one with great memories, they remember the price of all items in their shop, moreover they need to update the price anytime so they don’t suffer loss
- Risk taker, spent all the money to buy something that is still probably can be sold; uncertainty.
- They may have community, community of merchant / trader, but the closer they are, the more enemy they find. Simply know that 2 merchant with totally same products sold is completely competitor.
- They really life on principal “Little by little to be a hill / translation: Sedikit sedikit lama lama menjadi bukit”. Their income from one product is small. But they sell many products
- Some of them, is great accountant, even they don’t learn it at school
- And usually, they life hard to be merchant, they go far, across the sea, meet new challenge and face new problem, but learn new wisdom.
Dedicated to both of my parents, which are Merchant.